Object structure

Title:

[A ceremony of opening of the Elementary School in Prandocin] [An iconographic document]

Date issued/created:

[1936]

Description:

The photo depicts a large two-storey brick building in the middle of a field/meadow. In front of the building there are some people standing in a carefully organized group. The building is decorated with garlands, bunting and portraits. There are also two national flags. According to the photo’s owner, it depicts celebrations associated with the opening of the Elementary School in Prandocin. In the foreground there is a group comprising members of the Founding Committee and the teaching staff. Sitting in the middle is the parish priest (…) with two little girls at his side. Behind the priest there are: on the right – Marian (…) – a school manager and on the left – Ignacy (…) – a village mayor-commissar. The Founding Committee was made up of local peasants and the village mayor ; November 1936, Prandocin, Miechów district ; The photo sent to the contest named “Photography of the Polish village pre-1948” organized in 1983 by the quarterly “Fotografia” (Photography) and the weekly “Nowa Wieś” (New village). Copy of the photo kept at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (former Institute for the History of Material Culture)

Subject and Keywords:

ethnography ; material culture ; social culture ; rural communes ; brick buildings ; school ; educational system ; Prandocin, Słomniki commune (Poland)

Resource type:

Obraz

Detailed Resource Type:

Photography

Format:

application/pdf

Source:

IAiE PAN, call no. 120-3

Rights:

Rights Reserved - Restricted Access

Terms of use:

Copyright-protected material. Access only on terminals at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences, may be used within the limits of statutory user freedoms.

Digitizing institution:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Original in:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Projects co-financed by:

Programme Innovative Economy, 2010-2014, Priority Axis 2. R&D infrastructure ; European Union. European Regional Development Fund

Access:

Closed

This publication is protected by copyright. Access to its digital version is possible on computer terminals in the institution that shares it.
×

Citation

Citation style: