Object

This publication is protected and can be accessed only from certain IPs.
This publication is protected and can be accessed only from certain IPs.

Title: [Transport of corn from fields] [An iconographic document]

Creator:

[Solarz, Ignacy]

Date issued/created:

[1938]

Resource Type:

Photography

Description:

The photo depicts a wagon drawn by two horses, loaded with corn, with two men sitting on top of it. The wagon is going down a country road between fields of corn (stretching as far as the horizon) and other crops. According to the photo’s owner, it depicts transport of corn from fields by his father after the end of the harvest. Visible in the distance is plough-lands in the vicinity of the village of Gać near Przeworsk. After the corn was brought from the fields it had to be threshed manually with the use of flails since machines were not yet commonly used. The photo was taken by Ignacy Solarz, engineer – the manager of the first Polish Wiejski Uniwersytet Ludowy [Folk High School] in Gać Przeworska. The harvest, that is the moving of corn, was performed manually with the use of sickles and scythes ; 1938 August, Gać, district Przeworsk, voiv. podkarpackie ; The photo sent to the contest named “Photography of the Polish village pre-1948” organized in 1983 by the quarterly “Fotografia” (Photography) and the weekly “Nowa Wieś” (New village). Copy of the photo kept at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (former Institute for the History of Material Culture)

Format:

application/pdf

Resource Identifier:

IAiE PAN, no. call 126-3 ; oai:rcin.org.pl:6874

Rights:

Rights Reserved - Restricted Access

Terms of use:

Copyright-protected material. Access only on terminals at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences, may be used within the limits of statutory user freedoms.

Digitizing institution:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Original in:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Projects co-financed by:

Programme Innovative Economy, 2010-2014, Priority Axis 2. R&D infrastructure ; European Union. European Regional Development Fund